Saturday, August 12, 2006

BUSY SATURDAY

Well today was quite a busy day. My mom and I decided to have a yard sale many months ago. Well with time as a factor we had it today. The yard sale was a huge success and even though it was hectic, I had a good time.
With that being said- I am worn out! I was at my mom's until 10:30pm last night only to be back at her house again this morning by 5am-- You are reading that time correctly. Long story short, we over slept, but made it to her house by 5:30am.
Everyone was busy getting the items into the correct place, pricing the items that still had not been proced, putting up signs, etc. Then the rain came!!! We were lucky enough that the rain lasted only about 45 minutes. The rest of the day was great weather. It was not a sun blazing hot day. The people came out in droves and my mom made a good profit!
Then I had to leave my duties as "money change person" "bagger" and "trusty assistant" to take a shower and change clothes to head to a housewarming party for my boss.
The party was great and I had a really good time. Needless to say, when I returned to my humble abode at 4:00pm I was exhausted.
I had talked about and looked forward to taking a glorious, long anticipated, late afternoon nap. I actually stayed up for about an hour and then retreated to my bed. I have to say that my nap only lasted 2 hours. I was a little disappointed.
I guess to some that seems like a long time, but naps are few and far between for me now and for everyone that knows me well, knows that I used to be a nap-a-holic. My plan was to sleep as long as possible, but my body had other plans (I won't go into details)
Anyways, it has been a relaxing evening and I look forward to a "lazy" Sunday before another hectic work week begins.
I hope everyone is enjoying their weekends!

Oh, on a sidenote- I have been trying to add photos to my blog for days and for some reason it will not work. It goes through the process and downloads my photo and says its "Done" but when I go to click it into my post, there is no photo!!! Any ideas???

Peace Out!

6 Comments:

Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hi, sounds like you guy's had fun - A Yard Sale! wow, that is something the people around here don't do, sounds like fun!!! I also used to be a nap-a-holic and these days i dont get chance to do so!!!!! Our weekend has been fairly quiet, and today me and the kids and the puppies are going on a picnic!!! Enjoy whats left of the weedend!!

5:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Re the photos - sometimes that happens to me too but if you try it a second or third time it will work most of the time :)

Yeah they dont do yard sales in my neck of the woods either but it sounds like a good chance to get a good cheap bargain :D

12:49 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

One again I'm out of the loop - I had stuff here you could have sold and kept the proceeds - why do I always miss out on the yard sale gig? Had no idea you were doing that. :(

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep i woulda joined in or at least gave ya stuff to sell, you guys could have taken a huge load of stuff with u last weekend!! tsk tsk

omg bush is on your site :/

heh

8:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Monkeyboy said...

Hi OBXN,
I've had the same problem with photos. It happens to me when a post is too long. Don't know why, but if I split the post into two I can get the pictures to post.

8:49 PM  
Blogger OBXN said...

thanks monkeyboy!!! I will try that!

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home