Monday, January 15, 2007

The Urologist

So I had my Urologist appointment today. Before I tell this story I wonder what makes a person want to specialize in excretion of fluid from the human body? It's not that I think its gross or anything, I just wonder what makes someone make that decision.
Anyways, the jist of the appointment is that he can not do anything for me b/c I am with child. If the pain gets too intense then he can perform a major surgery and put a stent in, but he does not want to do that because often times people have more problems with the stents than with the actual stones themselves.
So his advice to me, that I paid for of course, was to continue to drink a lot of fluids and it will eventually come out. So there you have it...
The good thing about the visit though was I told him that in the past 36 hours I have had this urge to pee all the time and then I go and nothing or not a lot come out. He stated that the stone is close to the bladder if this is happening and its making the bladder confused and that is why I "feel" like I need to go alot. If it's near the bladder, according to the doc, it's close to coming out.
So keep those prayers a comin'!
Peace Out!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are being held up in prayer by so many people! I hope you pass the stone soon. I know exactly how much fun this is not!
I really like this song. Don't we all just wait and wait for the world to change instead of changing ourselves in our little corner of the world? Unfortunately, the world seems to be going downhill rapidly. But then God in all His perfection showers us with blessings that we can not even imagine which causes us to look up and know that He is God and He is ultimately in control AND that He has a plan for our lives. Love to you "three".

9:26 PM  
Blogger lonely palmtree said...

First of all, I'm sorry for being such a bad blogger these past few months. Second of all, I'm sorry to hear about your kidney stone. I can only imagine what you must be going through.

I loooove the picture of you two at the top of your blog! I also love the John Mayer song you've got playing. That's one of my favorite songs right now. He's got such good lyrics.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that you're in my prayers. :-)

2:34 AM  
Blogger Misty said...

Just left you a message on home phone...If it gets too bad try takinga overly warm shower to just relax your muscles, actually a hot bath would be better, just sit and let the water relax you. When you are experiencing pain your muscles tense and that can play havoc on your body as well. A hot bath will relax the muscles and make you feel better. Just remember to drink water and cranberry juice and I will keep you in my prayers as well. Love, MOM

7:43 AM  
Blogger Mr. Monkeyboy said...

You truly have my prayers and sympathy...I was there recently...kidney stones, not pregnant....

Hang in there.

7:30 PM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hope you are doing better today!!!!! Take care of yourself and of course little peanut!!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just getting to your post now (2 days later!)...soo...are u ok now? Anything yet?

Wuv-n-hugz

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, there are a number of professions i have wondered about as to how people got into them- like pathology and gynaecology...
i am so sorry the stone is still stuck- i think i'd rather give birth again than pass one of those! you're in my prayers!

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything? Am I Aunt to a lil stone yet? hehehe Hope you are ok and all has passed - call me if you need me or if you just want to grab the phone and scream in my ear...ill wear earplugs :)

luv ya

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home