Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Doctor's appointment

So on Monday I had another "peanut" appointment. It went well. My appointment was at 9:15am and they didn't take me back into the exam room until almost 10 though. That did not make me happy.

So the nurse put me back in the room and explained that the Dr. would be in a few minutes to talk with me. I thought this was great because this is the first time meeting my actually dr. so I was all excited.

I waited and she came in and we spoke briefly about my history and yadda. Then she said that I needed to undress and put on that wonderful paper vest and paper sheet thing~lol. Come to find out it was a complete physical!!! Luckily I had showered and shaved :)

So after all that exploration of worlds unknown, she said "Let's listen to the baby!"

Okay, then I was excited. She was going to use one of those hand held listening things and stated that since I was early in the pregn. it would probably take her a few minutes to find the heartbeat and I should not get alarmed.

Well she listened and listened and even listened some more and she couldn't hear it. Then she stated the most wonderful words ever~"I think the baby is still too small to hear through the belly so LET'S DO ANOTHER ULTRASOUND!!!"

Yeah! I go to see Peanut again. Peanut looks like a baby now and Peanut's little heart was just a beating. The Doc said the heart was very strong and the baby was growing right on time :)

So the Peanut is doing wonderful!!!!

Then it was off for a urine sample and some blood work, fun time over with~LMAO!!!

I thought that I would update you guys.

On another note, I caught one of my dogs on the bed yesterday (they are not allowed up there anymore b/c we bought a brand new mattress) and she was sound asleep so I had to snap this pic. Enjoy:


Peace Out!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

Awesome stuff!! :) Perhaps I can come in for a doc appt - does bro get to go to every one?

So, lookin at that pic, did you guys decide to move bedroom into the other room? Sweeet doggie :)

ANnnnd...how is stone?

8:47 PM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

yay yay yay!!!!!! I am so happy to hear that Peanut is growing right on target.....so to speak!!!!! Are you recording the ultra sound onto a dvd or tape?

It is very exciting knowing there is a blog baby on the way!!!!

Anyway's take care of yourself!

That pic is priceless - "caught in the act"!

4:19 AM  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

aaaaw- i'm so glad you're doing well!
i love that picture of the sleeping pooch...
hows the progress on the stone, or shouldn't i ask?

11:19 AM  
Blogger OBXN said...

The stone is hiding. Either that or Peanut has beat it up and it no longer exists~ lol.
Tina- We should know the gender of the baby at my March appointment. I will let you know the date :)

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home