Saturday, July 28, 2007

In Loving Memory...

This post is dedicated to my grandfather, who on Thursday lost the battle with Parkinson's, but has won the war, because he is now in the presence of the Lord.
I have never known or will know a man like my grandfather. They just don't make men like that anymore. He was quiet and humble but when he spoke people listened. He was purposeful in every action. He was kind, patient, and incredibly intelligent. He could build anything. He was loyal to his wife of 65 years and to his family who dearly loved him.
He was the example of what a man should be for himself, his wife, his child, his family and friends. He was a jewel among many stones and he will be missed.
I relish in the fact that he is standing tall and is no longer in pain. He is in the presence of the Lord and we all can only wish to be there too one day.
I love you Paw-Paw!

4 Comments:

Blogger Misty said...

I know this is indeed a sad time mixed with the knowledge that your Grandfather is now at peace - free of the pain that encased his earthly body, but cling to your knowledge and know he is now free to watch over each and ever one of his loved ones and he waits for you in a wonderful place where the Lord went first to prepare a room for each of us in His Father's home. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you through this time of sadness. God bless each of you and touch you with the tenderness so needed at this time.

"For He knew then the day would come When you'd cry out for love of home And with His hand upon your head Through Heaven's gate you were led."
excerpt from Heaven's Gate by Misty Deerborn

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not know, sweetie. I would have come home to be with you as I know how hard it can be to go through. So sorry sis.

9:04 PM  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

big hugs to you- you'll all be in my prayers!

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of loveliest Memorials I have ever read. Wishing you His peace that surpasses all understanding, Jodi.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home